Puakea Designs is stoked to be sponsoring and attending some great races in 2017. We are sure there are more to come, but at least this gives you a good idea of where we will be this year!
- Sharkbite Challenge, Florida, April 7-9th
- Carolina Cup, North Carolina, April 19th-23rd
- Kaiwi Channel Relay, Hawaii, April 22nd
- Molokai Solo, Hawaii, May 6th
- Gorge Downwind Champs, Oregon, July 17th-22nd
- GMOC, Montreal, July 29th
- Catalina Crossing, California, Sept. 9-10
PC: Hayden Ramler
Sharkbite and Carolina Cup
- Sharkbite: Johnny will be hosting two clinics at the Sharkbite Challenge this year. Register on PaddleGuru. Look for Puakea/Ozone dealers Paolo and Don of HanaHou for demos of boats and paddles!
- Carolina Cup: Johnny will be at the Carolina Cup taking it all in while holding lessons at Carolina Paddleboard Co. Check out the races on Saturday to see the Puakea Unlimiteds of the East Coast race for the finish.
Molokai Relay and Molokai Solo brought to you Pa’a Hawaii
- Molokai Relay: We are a sponsor for 2017! In 2016, Jimmy and Kaihe set a new course record and Lauren Spalding came across the line first with her partner, Dane, in the women’s division. Excited to see what happens this year!
- Molokai Solo: We are stoked to be sponsoring the event this year! Check out team riders Jimmy Austin, Danny Ching, Kaihe Chong, Daniel Chun, Leah Ching and Ryland Hart as they cross the channel. Johnny will be coaching Danny across this year.
PC: Kaihe Chong
Gorge Downwind Champs
- As in the years past, Puakea Designs will be at the Gorge Downwind Champs, but this year we are back in a big way. The whole team is coming out for the OC6 Waterwalker Gorge race and the Gorge Downwind Champs for this year’s Puakea Team Trip (remember we all were on Molokai in May last year…).
- Puakea Designs is the major OC Sponsor for this year at the Gorge Downwind Champs, so we are brining as many canoes as we can find to the race. Stay tuned for possible discounted (very lightly used) canoes after the races. The Puakea/NAC Crew will be hauling one OC6 trailer and TWO OC1 trailers this year! If you are interested renting a canoe, please email us for more information and availability.
- We will have a paddle in the infamous raffle along with prizes for the OC divisions.
- Stay tuned as more things unfold on The Gorge Race FB and the Gorge Downwind Champs FB! As of right now the Surfski and OC divisions are sold out.
- Greater Montreal Outrigger Challenge: Johnny will be doing a clinic in the area around the event and will be at the race on Saturday! Outrigger Zone Montreal will have canoes and paddles to demo. More info to come!
- Can we say this is one of our favorite weekends? Maybe. If you are looking to see the Puakea Unlimited in action…this is the race. The CA fleet of Unlimited canoes is a sight to see! We typically have a booth and Johnny coaches the NAC men’s team across the channel on Sunday. Stay tuned for more details!