Train Smarter, Not Harder Clinics
OC1 and OC6 Group Clinics
Looking to improve your technique? Or improve your performance in your OC-1 or Unlimited canoe? Want to learn to train smarter, not harder?
Puakea coaching is a combination of dry-land and on-water work that will cover the key bio-mechanics to set you up for successful and injury free paddling, including a detailed analysis and correction of all aspects of your stroke.
What is included in each clinic:
- Stroke Mechanics: New facts vs. old theories
- Teamwork and the importance of synergy in the canoe, how to think and have both
- Training methods and styles for long-term goals
- How to make the best of your equipment
- Basic nutrition and exercises to improve performance
Cost (Updated for Winter 2018):
- Clinic with Johnny Puakea (limited availability): $95 per person
- Clinic with a Puakea Accredited Coach: $65 per person
On land and on water coaching. You choose the focus: Team OC6 training or group OC1 training.
Each clinic should be around 4 hours depending on number of people. 12-18 people makes for a great OC6 clinic. 8-12 people makes for a great OC1 clinic. Anything above these numbers will result in longer clinic time and less time/attention spent with each paddler.
- We will begin on land with a general overview and base for the techniques, key fundamentals and training methods.
- With detailed video analysis following the on water session, you will receive an individual stroke prescription for you to take home and work on.
- Access to a launch, chase boat, dock or open beach is necessary to get video of each canoe/paddler and to offer some general on water coaching.
- An area to review video after the on water session with each paddler is preferable. We work with what each club has to offer. Whether it is a small tent with a table and chairs on the beach, a clubhouse or a local cafe in your marina, we make it work!
- If you are hosting a Puakea clinic, it is beneficial to have canoes ready to paddle before clinic start time as to not take time away from paddlers during clinic. I would also be very beneficial to collect payment before hand (if possible) as this can take away valuable time at the start of the clinic.
- Remind participating paddlers to bring a towel, sunscreen, hat, snacks, water and a change of clothes for after the on water session. Be ready to paddle!
Johnny Puakea – 808-499-8195
$120 for one hour
Dave Krueger – 714-381-4016
$60 for one hour
Jimi Spoto – 949-633-9496
$60 for one hour